Creative Writing Summer Camp
The Writing Club will offer 3 weeks of creative writing summer camp in the month of June. Here are the details:
Who: taught by Tessa White
What: a morning camp, 9-noon and an afternoon camp 1-4pm
Where: in Los Feliz, Los Angeles
When: Weeks of June 13-16, June 19-23, and June 26-30
Why: Because writing stories is a fun way to while away long summer days and an excellent way to exercise the brain while in “summer mode”
More details on the what: Three hours of writing sounds like a lot, but the time is guaranteed to fly. We’ll write short or long pieces, share if we feel like it, read from great literature, play word games, and connect as storytellers. Here’s an example morning camp:
- 9-9:30 – We’ll start the day with a warm beverage and read from a favorite author.
- 9:30-10:15 -Writing journal exercise #1
- 10:15-10:30 – stretch our legs and get fresh air
- 10:30-11:00 – word game and quick breather
- 11:00-11:45 – Writing journal exercise #2
- 11:45 – wrap up
What do you need to do? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your young writer’s name on the summer camp list. Include name, preferred week in June, and morning or afternoon. Registration details will be sent out mid-April.