We are currently looking for two after-school teachers for The Writing Club’s Fall 2017 session! The classes are designed for elementary students, specifically 2nd-5th graders. The Writing Club goes into Los Angeles schools and offers a 10-week after-school enrichment class. A typical class session runs 1 afternoon per week for 10 weeks, and we offer a session each Fall/Winter/Spring. The schools are public and private, and class size is around 8-10 kids.
The pay is $50 per class hour, and our goal for the ’17-’18 school year is to join 8 elementary school’s enrichment programs. This position gives you flexibility (leaving your mornings and evenings open), and offers the amazing experience of teaching creativity and the skill of writing to children.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is excellent with kids: patient, kind, encouraging and imaginative.
- Someone with a love for words, reading, and storytelling.
- MFA degree (or currently enrolled) or BA in writing, creative writing or journalism.
- TA experience, or teaching experience preferred (any age)
Please note this position will begin in late August when the school year begins, with some training time in June. For more information on becoming an instructor with The Writing Club, please send us an email to email@example.com with the below information, or submit the form on the right. We look forward to hearing from you!
- First, last name
- Email address
- Resume link and/or LinkedIn profile